Saturday, August 12, 2023

To Ben from Janet and AmyG


Janet has a strong design going here - the two circles - and the overlapping address. The border is a very good addition. And a very fun sticker on the back. I remember those sheets of all the different balls - what a wonderful sheet of stamps. 


And more baseballs for Ben - and more baseball themed stamps. It makes me wonder how many different USPS stamps have related to baseball. Probably not as many as flowers - but I bet it's way up there.

AmyG had a clever way to put the zip code on the base.


I'm writing this on the morning of the day when Ben will play in the Chicago Little League World Series. It is only his second year of baseball and the teams are actually chosen by coaches in a draft. There is a commissioner. It's pretty serious -- but I did not see any of the troublesome side that sometimes comes up with youth sports. 
***
Update - his team actually won their World Series - exciting - but it just delays the learning of how it feels to lose. I guess that will start in fall. They have something called Fall Ball. 

Here is something for the Excel people - Excel World Championship And yes - it's Excel spreadsheets. I did not watch the whole thing - and the first 5 minutes is unwatchable with flashing lights and noise - then the actual players show up. Then the 30 minutes of competition is unwatchable - unless you are into Excel - and then they chit chat at the end. Trust me - this is not worth spending time on - unless you are desperate for something to do and you like Excel.
 
I only lapse into these off topics because I see the parallels with those of us who are *into* art.

2 comments:

  1. Janet's envelope is awesome. I love everything about it. Very well done!
    I love Amy's fun stamps and her bravery in using a blue envelope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed it. Why brave for using blue envelopes?

      Delete