Thursday, August 24, 2023

From Mia to Nancy - Diwali

 I added a post yesterday - about a free lecture - if you read the blog before 7 am CDT - scroll down after this post to see the extra post.


Mia, our Canadian exchanger sent this pretty card and envelope to Nancy. That Diwali stamp is so pretty. I  felt like I didn't really know much about Diwali so I did a quick search and it sounds like my kind of holiday. I've lost interest (enthusiasm) for all of the standard holidays - and this is not a recent *turn* - it started when my kids were little and every holiday turned into a celebration of candy. I'll spare you my long story about candy - or maybe put it over there on that blog I need to start with my official rants.

The part of Diwali that I like (if I understood what I read and if what I read was accurate) is that it's pretty free form in what it is celebrating and how the holiday is observed. Obviously, I lean in to anything that is not bogged down with rules. 

Here is the nicely coordinated card that Mia included for Nancy.



No comments:

Post a Comment