Saturday, August 26, 2023

Frits's question about his font

Scroll down for today's regular post


This envelope ran back in 2014. On Aug 24, 2023 there was a comment left for me to OK - which I did. Here is the comment:

This alphabet is based on the letters that can be seen on Het Scheepvaarthuis in amsterdam. I created the paper versions of the letters. I did this for many letters on buildings in Holland; creating complete alfabeths based on the letters that can be found on a building. I wonder why so many of "my" alphabets show up under other peoples names. I would very much appreciate if somebody can explain me how this works. I am a very analogue person. 

Someone named Frits who is very talented at lettering - but probably not a type designer - came up with this style. I have no idea where I found the style - although there are 2 good guesses. Pinterest or that guy in Canada who has a huge collection of fonts.

Frits says he can't figure out how his style of lettering is popping up *under other people's names.* He also says he is *very analogue* - so - I'm not sure how to explain how all these images are just out there -- and people who see cool fonts will do a handwritten version of the styles. I should have made it clear in my original post that I did not come up with this style and I should not have offered the *full alphabet* - unless I had a link to the original source. I will keep digging and see if I can figure out who Frits is - and I will see about amending any further references I have to this style. 

***
OK - I am also a very analog person - but, I was able to figure out how to do a search for the font and I found it on thebluebus.nl. I had forgotten about that site. It has a ton of fonts - and I do not see any option to translate it into English - so - I'm not sure I can track down Frits. If anyone has any suggestions - please let me know. From now on, I will try to be more careful about posting fonts when I do not have a name to go with them.

My apologies to Frits if he sees this. I will try to correct things.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment