Friday, August 18, 2023

From Janet + puttering



Janet lives in my county. And I know her address. In theory, I could just drive over and knock on her door and ask to see her studio - hoping that I could see what it looks like when she is not prepared for company. Or perhaps it is a marvelous jumble of all kinds of things and she enjoys the chaos. Now that she knows that I am curious - maybe she will invite me see her studio - and promise to leave it in its natural state.

Or -- she could send us photos. A while back, people sent photos of their studios - I wonder if I can find them. I'm pretty sure they made it into the posts. 

She sometimes fills envelopes with all kinds of vintage goodies. And I am having a weird feeling that I already posted this. Did I?


 And speaking of the book, Your Brain on Art - I forgot to do an update on the second anniversary of my traumatic brain injury. Two years ago, it was all I could talk about. Then I lapsed into making occasional references. Then I felt like it was time to just let it go. 

The only reason I'm even mentioning it is because the book had so many parts that reinforced things I learned in brain rehab and all of those things pop up in everything else I read. On top of that, my peers are all making their ways through their 70s - and it's a bit of a war zone. I do not use that term lightly since there really are war zones in the world. But, the *battles* that come up for septuagenarians are challenging.

So this is a little bit redundant from yesterday - where I am on my putter campaign. I think I'm the only one who calls it puttering. That doesn't seem to be a popular term. But, I think it's appropriate - because if you get too picky about the quality - then you can undo all the benefits of the activity. 

Healthy balance. I'll cover that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment