Sunday, August 27, 2023

From Mary to Nancy - colloquial words and phrases

When I sent out the exchange lists in July and put Nancy on the list instead of me - I didn't add much info about Nancy other than that she was married to my brother. Mary emailed asking for more details and I said she was originally from Louisiana and liked to cook. So - this is an adorable envelope for a Louisianan?

I had to look up what people from Louisiana are called. As usual - not everyone agrees. Louisianian is sometimes used - but I can tell you that spell-check will auto-correct to Louisianan. So there.

And here is a rabbit hole if you are curious about the common colloquial words and phrases from all 50 states. The link will take you to Louisiana - and after that you can wander around on your own. I am going to stick with my plan to get all the Nancy envelopes posted in one sitting.

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/louisiana/15-words-youll-only-understand-if-youre-from-la/

***

Public Service Announcement:

Below is a photo of a drive-by mail box that I use quite often. It is a neighborhood station. I happened to be at the PO the day after this happened. Apparently there were break-ins at other stations as well. So, in the future, I am going to take my mail inside the stations. 



 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad ot got there. I worried a little about the hot sauce zip code, but I guess they figured it out.

    ReplyDelete