Friday, August 11, 2023

From Irene to Alex - diagonals


 This is nice alternative to the thing I do - running a vertical stripe of design along the left side. It reminds me a little bit of the way ribbons are sometimes wrapped around a gift on the diagonal. As pretty as it is - and as tempted as I am to try this - I probably won't because I don't do diagonals. But then I ask myself - should you try diagonals once in a while to see what happens? Is there anything that one should just stick to - and never try again?

That is an unanswerable question. Blocking something from one's repertoire might be a foolish thing to do. Or is it smart? How do you know when you are being stubborn - or when you are being true to your... true to what? To yourself? 

This conversation is going nowhere. But I have 10 posts with envelopes and no words - so you might have to put up with me asking these questions.

1 comment:

  1. I think there's no harm in trying a thing once. If it doesn't feel right, then not doing it again. That would be true to your authentic self. We should explore and have a sense of adventure when creating.

    ReplyDelete