Monday, August 7, 2023

From Valerie to Alex

The original post said that this was from Mary - but, I should have seen the postmark - and known that it was not from Mary. I'll try to find the right name. Sorry.
It was from Valerie. 
Thanks for alerting me, Mary. Google is not allowing me to leave comments on my own blog - or perhaps I do not understand how to *sign on* - grrrrrr


 Ice cream is bound to go over nicely with the grandkids.*Someone* still has some of those very fun ice cream stamps. I do appreciate the USPS's willingness to highlight food on stamps. Remember the scratch and sniff stamps that had various frozen-on-a-stick treats? They were so pretty. I have few regrets - but I do wish I had kept a little booklet of my favorite stamps. It would not work to compile images of them - they have to be an actual stamp. And what would I do with a little book of favorites? Good question. Trick question. I have to stop thinking of things that would add to the clutter. The hoard reduction is coming along - and I must be vigilant.

I'm writing this on Saturday - the one that was just two days ago. I got a text at 5 am that my son was interested in some gardening coaching. Although he wanted to sleep for a couple more hours. Last year I asked for advice on his tomato situation - and was very pleased with the response. One of my ideas for his yard is to convert the grass to something else. After researching, I feel like clover is the way to go since there is already some clover trying to take over. If anyone has a clover horror story - please let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Uhm, this one is not from me. Do you have another Mary on the list? I do like the way the ice cream turned out and would have loved the scratch and sniff stamps, but somehow missed them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Valerie incorporated coordinating washi tape.

    ReplyDelete