Thursday, August 10, 2023

From Grace to Ben


 This reminds me of the style of writing that a lot of baseball teams use. I was amazed at how many people came up with baseball stamps. I do not have a single one. Grace has nice block printing. 

Grace is someone who has a full time job doing calligraphy and I am always impressed that she finds time to exchange. I'm guessing she enjoys doing something different from the traditional wedding envelopes. I jabber quite often about the value of envelopes - and have a few different opinions on what the value is - or maybe there are different values for different people. 

It took a while for me to get my turn with a book from the library - Your Brain on Art: How the Arts Transform Us - by Susan Magssmen and Ivy Ross. There were so many things in the introduction that I wanted to excerpt and talk about. Over the years, all kinds of random info filtered into my awareness and lodged there because it validated my innate sense of the value of puttering. IMHO - puttering balances the more formal way of approaching the arts.

It is soooooooo discouraging to live in a world where the arts are treated like entertainment or a pastime - and not a gigantic ESSENTIAL. I suppose I am preaching to the choir. <eye rolling at myself> 

Where should I go with this?

1 comment:

  1. Love the detail of the light blue dots on bottom half of letters. Interested in the book, will look at my library. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete