Sunday, August 13, 2023

Smash to Alex


 

Smash decided to do a postcard - and Alex thought it was very pretty. After a variety of plans and changes of plans, I ended up delivering the mail to the grandkids in person and gave them 3 envelopes per day for 4 days. It was fun. They really appreciated the artwork and enclosed stickers and ephemera. Ben, the 7 year old wondered how these people knew that he liked baseball. I think one of them asked if they needed to send thank you notes. I was a very happy Nanna to hear that. I pondered doing thank yous for the August exchange - but we only had 4 days and somehow - we managed to get very distracted coming up with two costumes for Alex, the 9 year old girl. 

Nanna does not love the idea of kids needing to bring costumes to sleep away camp - but - the part where the kids get dropped off for 2 weeks with no phones or iPads - seems like a very good idea - so - I won't complain about theme parties at camp. I actually like the idea of *fashion camp* where kids can spend a week or two creating things with fabric. I wonder if that exists. 

Yup - California - 

I only clicked on the first link. Maybe there is one in Chicago. Although, the whole point of camp is to be too far away to go home. I found some other options in NY. Do you think anyone would sign up for penmanship camp?


No comments:

Post a Comment