Thursday, August 17, 2023

From Lynne to Ben - Your Brain on Art


 Lynne has quite the stash of vintage stamps. I get curious about how people get their vintage stamps. I know that I can just pop in to my local vintage stamp store and buy them. If anyone cares to email and tell me where they get their vintage stamps - that would be fun to write about in a future post. Lemmekno at ptenvelopes-at-aol-dot-com

Ben was very happy with this baseball themed envelope.


***
I think this third post on the PhD stuff will be concluded. I need to do an update on that book I think I mentioned I was reading - Your Brain on Art. I had to put it on hold and I did not finish it - so I have to put it on hold again. When I started it - I thought I would be able to talk about the various topics on the blog - but practically every sentence was something I felt like talking about. 

Eventually, I thought I should just read it. But, it was pretty dense - for me - and there were parts that I skimmed. And then I was only halfway through. There are huge chunks that confirm all the stuff I have been jabbering about for 13 years. So that was validating. I can't decide if quoting the author is worthwhile. 

For now, I'm going to return the book and put it on hold and we might return to this topic. In the meantime, when I tell you that making art is one of the best things you can do for the overall wellbeing of your entire self - please understand that that is not just some flaky opinion. There is a ton of research that has confirmed that. 

So - go forth and putter. Yes - even puttering has been studied and there is a huge benefit to puttering. I am not making this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment