Monday, August 14, 2023

Mary's dragon for Ben


 This dragon from Mary is adorable - and it had a goodie tucked inside. Goodie sounds edible - I can't think of the word for an *extra.* It's a packet of something you toss into a fire to make fun sparkles. Nanna brought it home from Ben's house because nobody has any open-fire pits where they live. I'm also skeptical that the parents would approve of anything other than s'mores. The grandkids are going to come back to Iowa with their mom in August so we can do an open fire at my house - and have both s'mores AND sparkles. The only issue I can see is keeping Nanna awake until the sun goes down.

I'm a big fan of safety - but, I do recall how much fun it used to be in the olden days when there were more options for fires. It was fun to start little fires with magnifying glasses. I imagine that is not something that is allowed any more. Clearly, I am not even going to ask. Once in a while I ask about some olden time activity - to see if it is allowed - and just asking the question results in *the look* - which is a look of alarm that I had even asked the question. Dang. I can't think of a good example. Maybe one will come to me. 


1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it's better to ask for forgiveness instead of permission. The "magic flames" powder turns the flames different colors, like blues and greens. My nephews love it, and anything open fire related. I think being able to start a fire with a magnifying glass is a great survival skill. Labeling is everything! 😆

    ReplyDelete