Monday, August 28, 2023

From Patty to Nancy


This fun envelope and coordinating card came from Patty. I'm going to try this design because it looks like a ton of fun. Plus - it's an ideal way to work with a stamp that has you stumped. All you need to do is pick out some colors from the stamp and if it only has one or two colors - you can just add whatever colors you like.

The card on the inside is nicely coordinated. Notice the balance of color on the envelope - just a tiny bit of green. But then on the card - lots more green. If you imagine the envelope without any green - it would lack a little sparkle. 


Did anyone wonder if colloquial was the right word yesterday? I did. I wondered if I should have used the word - slang - so I Googled and learned the difference between colloquialisms and slang. I didn't learn it well enough to explain it. I think slang is used by certain groups of people (like teenagers) but colloquialisms are used by everyone? I'm assuming they mean by *everyone* who lives within a specific area. I think slang changes - and the whole point of teenagers coming up with new words is to hide what they are saying from older people who haven't learned what the new words mean. I will refrain from the whole *thing* where people just use letters - like LOL - instead of words. There is a word for that - which I can never remember. <sigh>

No comments:

Post a Comment