Saturday, August 5, 2023

From Amy to Alex


Amy did something that I've done a few times -- forgotten which names I have done on the list. So Alex ended up with 2 donuts -- and I'm sure that will suit her just fine. We had a serious learning experience when the kids were here. There had been a plan to get donuts one morning from a place they had been last year that has old-school donuts. Ben wanted Alex and me to go get them so he could focus on his Lego building. Sadly - when we arrived, they did not have any donuts because they also make homemade ice cream and had to shut down the donuts while they focused on ice cream production for the Iowa State Fair. 

I told Alex that I knew where there was another old-school donut shop - and it was about 15 minutes away - and when we got there - it was out of business. Nanna should know better. I suggested that we just get donuts from a grocery store - and she was adamant that Ben would not be OK with grocery store donuts. I suggested Krispy Kreme - which she had never had. Nope. Ben doesn't like surprises.

So Ben got nothing -- and we came up with some other errand - and we went to Krispy Kreme. I love watching the whole machine - and Alex thought it was very cool. She liked the donut - but assured me that Ben would not like them - too sweet. Seven year olds are forever complaining about being oppressed by the elder sibling. They'll never appreciate how the older one sometimes looks out for them.



 

2 comments: