Sunday, August 6, 2023

From JeanR to Ben and Alex



These are from JeanR - and I should have posted them when I was jabbering about go-carts. But since I have already done that - I will jabber about another tradition when the grandkids come to Iowa. Chocolate waffles and ice cream. It's something that I heard about as a kid - but my mom would not make them - so I started making them when my kids were little. You just put cocoa and a little extra sugar in your waffle batter. 

I'm pretty sure that last year I wrote about Ben (the one with the seriously discriminating palate) and how he did not like the chocolate waffles because they were too bitter. So this year I bought the German sweet chocolate and added less - so that they were very mild -- and he asked for seconds. I was pretty happy about that - and I actually liked them better myself. 

If you like waffles - and chocolate - you should try them. When my kids were little, we'd invite the grandmas for Mother's Day and make them. If you want to go overboard, you can add strawberries and chocolate sauce and whipped cream. Times have changed -- I would never make anything like that any more.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment