Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Dec 2022 from Sharon - Alleluia or Hallelujah?


This is a splendid piece of pointed pen work from Sharon. Those stamps are so nice. I might post her block printing again when I get back to that topic. It's taking a lot of self control to not pull out some nibs and ink and make some of those sprigs of pine needles. I will post the card the day after tomorrow. She said this envelope was inspired by Phyllis Macaluso. Here is a link to Phyllis's IG. LINK to Phyllis's IG

***
On Nov 16th, I was on a huge *up swing* because I had finished my Nov mailings, I had resolved to skip the Dec exchange and those two accomplishments were boosting me. Then, the proverbial frosting on the cake arrived when I found a video that is so wonderful on so many levels. I have no idea if anyone else will enjoy it. I INSIST that my BigHelpfulBrother watch it because there is some information that is essential to us maintaining our cosy sibling relationship. 

It has a lot to do with fonts - and even if you skip through the first part - I think it is around minute 19 when he explains why we use the word font - when, technically, it is not the correct word.

LINK to the story of fonts - 30 minutes

I started this blog post thinking *Hallelujah* but autocorrect changed it to Alleluia. I had a brief dip in my good mood because I did not want to research and figure out if one of those words was better than the other in this situation. And then ReasonableJean spoke up and said: It doesn't matter. 

I don't even know why I thought that was a good title. I don't really feel like it is - but, I do not want to take time and energy to come up with a better title. 


1 comment:

  1. Stunning envelope, and thank you very much for the video link - I knew almost none of the story of fonts

    ReplyDelete