Saturday, January 28, 2023

From Patty - Oct 2022 - Lettuce incident

I guess my new *thing* is to have every post goofed up.
This one is very late.....
<sigh>


 Patty took advantage of that really good idea of doing a block of art (in this case collage) along the left border and then respecting the USPS's request for a clear address and a properly placed stamp. I'm writing this on Dec 13 - during the week where there were several emails with pen pals about the USPS and I said I would be tracking down a live postal worker (other than my son) to get to the facts about how much conformity is required vs requested. If I am reading this - and have not done anything towards tracking down this info - this is a reminder. 

I will refrain from extending this discussion into all the other areas where we are emphatically preserving our *freedoms.* The whole concept of freedom can get complicated. Nuf said.

***
Here is a quirky little article that I found in a pile of emails that I had let pile up. It's well written even though it addresses that topic that I probably bring up too often. It probably wouldn't come up that often if I would stop looking at the obituaries every day and seeing so many familiar faces. But - if I stopped reading them, I would be in the awkward situation that a friend of mine told me about -- running into a mutual friend of ours - and having no idea that she has been widowed for two years. The widowed friend was quick to reassure her that it has been pretty normal to run into people who were oblivious to the death of her husband because it happened right when covid hit - which was at a time when a lot of people were very distracted.

I do like how the article reminds us that covid is not the only threat hanging over our heads.

Also - I do not know if these links work indefinitely -- I guess we will find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment