Sunday, January 22, 2023

Oct 2022 from Mary


Here's another nice raven design. I like how Mary's raven is eying the stamp. Her little double line block printing is worth noting, too. Below is a card - and I can never tell which part is done by hand and which is digitally printed. I miss the days when I had a color printer right next to my desk. Although those days contributed to the backlog of things that I should have been doing - resulting in the difficult game of catch-up that plagues me daily. <sigh>


I'm not allowing myself time to dig into the stacks and find this - but, as I recall, the patterned part was collaged on top. If you imagined this rectangle with the lion a bit smaller, leaving room for a stamp and an address - it's a steal worthy idea for an envelope.
 
***
As I do a quick review of this on Jan 17 - a week before this is to pop up - I see that I do not have an add-on. I need to get my Jan envelopes in the mail - and keep having the idea of reposting inspiration pieces that have arrived with my own versions - so maybe that will happen....

***
Mary and Chuck both provided a very nice add-on - a picture of that Babylonian clay tablet that I mentioned. Here is a link to an article about it. 


It is being held by a hand that is wearing a white cotton glove - so you can see that it is as wide as three fingers. The photo that I have somewhere - of my own hand holding it - does not have the glove. I think I know which computer it is on -- I might do another search...



1 comment:

  1. The main and tail of the lion were cut from scrapbook paper, and I drew the rest. Then I xeroxed a copy.
    I used a gold gel pen for the ring around the raven and a felt tip marker for the raven itself.

    ReplyDelete