Friday, January 6, 2023

Nov 2022 from Chuck - 700x20 art books

Sorry this is late today - I forgot to set the timer for 1 am.



 Chuck's November envelopes are fun. I appreciate the clear addressing for the post office. I've been pondering a review of all of my posts (5,500+) - and even went back to the very beginning. I had forgotten that within a couple weeks of starting the blog, I was posting mail from other people. Chuck's envelope was the very first non-Jean envelope to appear on the blog. 
 
Here is a link - http://pushingtheenvelopes.blogspot.com/2010/02/my-mailbox_25.html

***

I hope the discussion of art and artists and the definitions is not driving people away. All y'all have probably noticed how the blog posts are an array of tangents. Imagine that old game Pick-Up-Sticks. Each stick is a blog post. With no rhyme or reason.


Something made me wonder how many books start with - The Art of...
I searched my library and there were over 750 pages - and each page had 15-20 books. Not every book had those three words as the very first three words - but the word *art* appeared.
Here is just a partial list. I only looked at the first 3 pages of over 750 pages. I am skeptical that there are actually 750x20 books that start with The Art of *whatever* - Maybe those 14,000 books include any title that starts with the word *The*

I was surprised how many I have read. There did not seem to be any rhyme or reason to the order of these books - and I was wondering how many to post. I figured that at some point, there would be a book that would tell me when to quit - and sure enough -- there was. 

Of course, I did a search for a book called *The Art of Quitting* - and did not find that exact title - but I did find several books that look very interesting - including that last one on the list.

The art of hearing heartbeats 

The art of detection 

The art of war

The art of gathering

The art of fielding

The art of memoir

The art of mending

The art of theft

The art of the wasted day

The art of violence

The art of making memories

The life-changing magic of tidying up: the Japanese art of decluttering and organizing

The art of travel

Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance

The art of asking

Remember: the science of memory, and the art of forgetting

The art of fermentation

The art of dying well

The art of fiction

The art and craft of hand lettering

The art of conversation

The art of Lego design

The art of the engineer

The art of whimsical lettering

Thomas Jefferson: the art of power

The art of thinking clearly

The art of living: peace and freedom in the here and now

The art of fabric collage

The art of happiness at work

The art of the common any place: the agrarian essays of Wendell Berry

The art of losing: poems of grief and healing

The art of mindful living

The art of knitting

The art of discarding: how to get rid of clutter, and find joy

The art of noticing: 131 ways to spark creativity, find inspiration, and discover joy in the everyday 






1 comment:

  1. The last one sounds good 👍🏼
    I love those still life produce stamps, and love Chuck's pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete