Monday, January 16, 2023

Oct 2022 from JeanR - Troy's mail art links


Pretty stamp - inspired a cool design - and JeanR included a card that needs to be seen in person to be appreciated. I have no idea what all she used. It reminds me of some of the things people do with things that rust. I love the sentiment on the inside of the card - with the map collage:

Feeling Frazzled: even the map doesn't know where I'm going.



Troy sent the following links and asked me if I knew about them. Yes, I have known about both for quite a while. The top one is the one for people who like international mail art exhibits. Anyone can post a call for entries. Sometimes they want actual mail sent - other times they are fine if you just send something digital. Lots of fun themes. I responded to a few back in the olden days when I had my studio. I used the activity as a way to de-stress after working on jobs.

I never participated in the second one - but you can read through and see how it works. you can choose an individual and just exchange between the two of you. Or you can sign up for what they call *swaps* where you send a stack of mail art to the hostess - and she collects from a bunch of people and then she divvies up the postcards and you get a stack in return. I don't think the postcards go in the mail - but I could be wrong about that. I don't think that the lettering is a feature at all - which is why I was never interested in participating. But - it's a perfect exchange opportunity for people who like collage or drawing and painting or mixed mediums.

http://mailartprojects.blogspot.com/

and

https://mailmesomeart.blogspot.com/

Thank you Troy for reminding me about these.

No comments:

Post a Comment