Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Oct 2022 from Leslie - Jessie Chorley


Leslie had this to say about the card below:
Ugh, this insert didn't turn out. It was an attempt with resist and my folded pen. Still need practice with it, I guess. 

Back to Jean's comments: I have a jar of resist that I've had for a really long time -- I wonder if it has expired. <sigh> It might have to move to the *Maybe Never* box of art supplies. <double sigh>



***
While I am on my wistful, sighing loop - pondering all the things I either can't/won't/shouldn't be doing - here is a younger person who is doing exactly what I would be doing if I were in my 20s. Since my work on paper/envelopes is not turning out as I would like it - I'm leaning towards more textile based stuff.

https://www.jessiechorley.com.  Jessie graduated from university in 2005 - so she is way out of her 20s. 

https://www.instagram.com/jessiechorley/. A quick scan through her instagram does not reveal any spouse or kids - so - that might be a clue. 

I spent too much time looking for an image - and they were so varied - I couldn't settle on just one - so if you like stitching/collage/Welsh countryside/charming studios/and more -- maybe peek at the IG first - and if you like her vibe - the website is very nice.

 

1 comment: