Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Nov 2022 from Maggie - trigger/inspire

 



I'm not sure I have mentioned the stamp in all of the 2023 posts. I'm pondering whether I want to mention Truck Stamp in this one. It seems like I'd be more interested in both car and truck stamps. Maybe not. What I do find immensely steal-worthy about this one is that rectangle and the scene at the top. It seems like there would be a ton of ways to use a rectangle below the stamp for something. At least we have steal-worthy in this blurb so that it will pop up next time we a looking for inspiration.

***
Speaking of inspiration...

...back in Nov - when I was editing posts right before they popped up, there was the new chore-avoidance *thing* I had shared - just another way to find rabbit holes and follow them and then -perhaps-  you would run across something that would *trigger some creative ideas.* 

I had written *trigger* originally, but during my edit, I thought: the word trigger is popping up all.the.time. these days. It's a buzzword. Seems like everyone has *triggering* events. You probably think I am going to lean into a rant about that. Nope. It's fine for people to be aware of things that trigger or elicit a response that might need some attention and coping. 

During my editing - I switched my comment to *trigger/inspire* - because I don't really know if I want trigger to be relegated to just negative situations. Obviously, it has the connection to guns. But, I'm not sure that it hurts to allow for someone to be triggered in a very positive direction. It seems like it has a more immediacy to it than *inspire.* Inspire is gentle and seems to float in. Trigger is more of a *flash.*

We have reached the limit that I allow for this pondering.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful illustration, and the franking machine played along with symmetrical postmarks and barcode

    ReplyDelete