Thursday, January 5, 2023

Catherine Langsdorf - rock stars are typical

 


From the olden times - 2009 - a year before I started my blog.
The envelope is from Catherine Langsdorf's blog. I emailed with her way back when. She's put *the studio is closed* on her blog. This popped up on Pinterest. You could spin some ideas off the layout with the large name on top - clotheslines last name and then the rest of the address in clearly lettered caps. You wouldn't need to do birds - you could do flowers or gnomes or anything. 

***

Here I am - circling back to the declaration I made back in November that rock stars are *typical.* At the time, I didn't think that it made any sense to try to convince anyone who might disagree with me. My perspective is just one perspective - and everyone has a unique perspective. But, I do have another random comment:

No matter what you do or create (do-ers are the musicians/dancers/actors/etc - creators produce tangible items) - your product is still a product - separate from you, the person.  You and your product are the Venn diagram of two intersecting circle. There are various degrees of overlap - but, IMHO, 100% overlap is so far out on the bell curve that it seems like it might be problematic.

Apologies for combining the Venn diagram with the bell curve, but this is just me, rambling.

We don't need to debate my premise - because technically, everyone wins - because all viewpoints are valid. If someone insists that they are synonymous with their product - they are correct - for them. I'm vigilant about allowing every possible possibility. We can both be right and wrong at the same time. Yin/yang. 

So back to those rock stars who IMHO are mostly *typical* people. 

To me, typical means you manage to balance all the different things going on in your life. Some people adhere to established systems and philosophies, others are out-of-the-boxers who dabble in things randomly. But, whenever people cross paths - the rock stars tend to be kind to everyone else and grateful for their success. They are often teachers and mentors. Very few of them seek to live on pedestals. 

***

A real time comment - the number of emails recently from people who have had the covid or various other kinds of crud - is a large enough number that I just wanted to give a shout out to the people who do not keep me posted on what's going on - and are suffering through *whatever.* Hang in there.


3 comments:

  1. Covid round 2 for me this week - not how I wanted to start the year, but it had given me more time to peruse my favorite blogs. I'm doing ok, cold symptoms + headache

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you are up bright and early -- well - it's not exactly *bright* yet. Stay hydrated. I learned from my head injury that lots and lots of water can help with any kind of headache. Take care.

      Delete
  2. I love how clean this envelope looks with its nice crisp black lines. I also love the combination of lettering. I need to try and do this more. I tend do start and not think of changing it up until I'm done and look at it. *eye roll*

    ReplyDelete