Monday, January 2, 2023

Nov 2022 - Janet's Raven stamp - NameDrop game

 


Here is Janet's birthday month envelope to my daughter. Those stamps have inspired so many nice designs. For at least 10 years, I have wished that I had put the name of each stamp in the description so that I could do a search for all the envelopes that popped up for a particular stamp. We'll see how well I do at remembering to do this. It is Jan 2nd. I do not have high hopes. Low hopes. Does anyone ever say *low hopes*? I think it has a nice ring to it.

Here we go: Raven stamp

***
Here is a new daily *game* to play. It is just 5 days a week - not on weekends. I will give you a link - but you are going to have to be comfortable with figuring out how to sign up - if you are interested. It is NameDrop - through The New Yorker magazine. I signed up - for free - and so far, I have not been inundated with junk emails - but, I suppose that could happen. You also get a free daily crossword puzzle.

If you like games - this one is a general knowledge of people from any time and from any *sphere.* They include everything from ancient Greeks to contemporary playwrights to sports figures to political figures. 

You get a clue, then you can guess who the person is or you may choose another clue - up to 6 clues. If you have a correct answer, you get points based on how fast you figured it out and find out where you fell in relation to the other people playing the game. Today it was John Legend - and I did not figure it out until the last clue - and 47% of the people figured it out faster than I did.

It's a fun game - and they are all listed in order, so if you like the game, you may scroll down - and play all the previous games.

I am not sure if this link takes you to the info for signing up. You may have to dig around to find the sign up. Hopefully it will just take you to a page where you can try it to see if you enjoy it.

LINK to NameDrop


1 comment:

  1. This is such a cool stamp, and. a wonderful envelope to match it.

    ReplyDelete