Monday, January 9, 2023

Nov 2022 from Patty - hoard reduction


This is pretty and you are all expecting me to rave about the white space - yup - I love it. I like the colors, too. The add-on topic today is about being organized -and since Patty is a local - I have seen how organized she is. Maybe she would like to tell us some stories about where she thinks her organizational skills came from. Or maybe she will divulge some little corner - out of sight - which is a *mess.*

 ***

The topic of hoard reduction has been popping up for years now and I won't go back and look for them, but I am fairly certain that some of my readers (fellow hoarders) have asked me to pass along any tips that I might have. I have a really good one. Actually, it is a combination of two or three. 

This topic will be with us for a few days. Apologies to those of you who were blessed with an organizational gene. I know you are out there. I grew up with one who was 99% (mom) and a dad who was about 90% and a BigHelpfulBrother who was about 100%. Technically you can't put numbers on things like this. Suffice it to say, my brother and I played a game one time when we needed to pick something up from our mom's house and she was not there. We laughed at how easy it was to find anything in her house because for our entire lives everything was in a place and we knew her *filing system.*

I only gave mom a score of 99% because the BigHelpful Brother is a 100% and I can't really say what it is that makes me feel like he deserves to score higher than Mom. Dad only got 90% because he would hang onto scraps of wood, etc. DK and I got a little misty when we tossed some of the carefully labeled cans and boxes of miscellaneous items in his shop. Several had come from Dad's - so - I guess all three of them get 100%.

And what kind of score do you think they gave me? Without going too deep - we'll just say that there is no resentment, but, my artsy side was not popular. They put up with me. But, I knew I was odd-man-out. Grrrr - this is getting to be too long. Sorry. 

1 comment:

  1. Love the colors of the decorative part on this one - bet it looks even better in person

    ReplyDelete