Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Mia's Oct 2022 - Jurgen Vercaemst


Mia sent the top envelope inside the bottom envelope - and there was probably a note with the reason - but, it is one of those stacks that be-devil me. Is 2023 the year that I get my stacks ordered? Or is 2023 the year that I stop thinking about AND stop talking about the stacks? I vote *yes* on both of those. I started talking about all the good conversations that would be coming up in January and here it is - the 25th - and they are still in a folder. Yikes. What if I can't find that folder? I promise I will look for it today (which is Dec 10) which is a Saturday - a good day to stay home and work on the blog.

I like your clothesline caps, Mia. It's nice to have one dangling letter in each name.


***
It is always fun to find a new calligrapher - especially one with contemporary leanings that allow for all kinds of looseness and wonkiness. Not that being loose and wonky is the secret - he still has a skill level that is beyond most of us. But there's some good stuff on his IG. It was hard to choose just one image - so I chose two - but they are just the tip of the iceberg.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment