Thursday, January 12, 2023

Oct 2022 from Chuck - Tip 2 - smaller chunks

 Ooops - late post again - need to proof the clock.


Welcome to the beginning of the Oct 2022 envelope. In a perfect world, I would run them in Oct of 2023 - but, I've had so many years of losing both the images as well as the actual envelopes - or to be more accurate - misfiling. I don't lose things - I misfile them. I've spent nearly 13 years thinking I would get a handle on a system. That dream is gone. You're going to get things in random order - and if you want to complain - go right ahead. I do not recommend complaining. It won't change anything. If I remember to use the word halloween in every blurb - and all y'all learn how to use the search feature -- you can pull these up next time you are looking for halloween ideas.

Cool lettering, Chuck.

***

Tip 2. 

Another tip that we have all heard before - handle the mail once - don't leave it in a pile to be dealt with later. Toss the junk mail - put the bills in the bill folder - put the correspondence in the correspondence folder - etc. Finding ways to extend this concept beyond the mail is helpful. I've found myself with way too many piles or boxes of items that I sorta want to keep, but I sorta don't, and indecision keeps me in gridlock.

I know Marie Kondo is pretty emphatic about attacking everything at once - but some of us have to break the process down into smaller parts. I can see that her method would be better - but, if you simply can't do it all at once - at the very least - choose an area to *fix* and once you have one area *fixed* make sure you sustain that area. If you turn over that new leaf and maintain order in that one place that you *fixed* - you will gain a lot of confidence that you can extend that order to broader areas. 

Once you get one room *fixed* - maintain it. And if for any reason - there is slippage - don't let it go too far - just pull yourself together - and restore it to where it is supposed to be - pat yourself on the back - and move forward.


No comments:

Post a Comment