Thursday, January 26, 2023

3 for Ellen - 5 pricey fabrics

I did it again. Messed up the post -- and there was an earlier one today that has been bumped back to where it was supposed to be. Eye-rolling at myself (instead of grrr) 
There was also a new one -- so this was a double mess up -- 
so scroll down to see the pretty in pink triangle trees.


 These were three that arrived for my daughter's birthday in November - and didn't get photographed with the others - so I ganged them in a hurry as I was getting them sent off. The top one is from Kate - and the leafy one is postmarked Sacramento - so that must be Sharon? But the flowery one - from Capitol District is a bit of a mystery. She enjoyed all her mail very much. Thanks to everyone. 

***
My folder with bookmarked items to use for add-ons has 165 items. I'm going to slog through all of them and then delete them as I go, so that hopefully, I will not repeat things. Of course the first one is a fairly recent finding and I don't think I posted it, but my memory is so sketchy. Apologies if this has already been posted. 

There are a number of readers who are interested in textiles - and this is 50 minutes - but you can flip past any of the ones that are not interesting. I enjoyed all of them - but my favorite was the vicuña. I had heard of vicuña but did not know anything about it. It is the last 10 minutes of the video. 


Muga silk, Japanese denim, lace, hand-painted silk kimonos, vicuña. Those are all 5 fabrics - in case lace, silk, or denim are more your *thing.* 

It seems that both pricy and pricey are OK with the gods of spelling.




No comments:

Post a Comment