Sunday, January 15, 2023

Oct 2022 from Kate - Tip 5 - shoot it

 


Perfect layout and colors -- using a very versatile stamp. I'd say more about what Kate might have used on this - but, I would have to take a break from blurb writing - and that's not allowed while I am enforcing my new system. The main thing is to type - halloween - so that this will pop up when we are searching for ideas in Oct. I think it is a rubber stamp and embossing powder.

***

Tip 5 in how to manage your hoard is to *shoot it.* Take a picture of all the random scraps, layouts, ideas, fonts, whatever - that are cluttering up your drawers, files, life - and post them on a blog. I might crosspost these so that I can find them all in one spot rather than searching on the blog. I think I can organize them by creating categories - which might be helpful. At the very least - this is allowing me to throw away scraps of paper that have been following me around for years.

The first item was something other than what is posted here - I contacted the person who made the item requesting permission to post it and they regretfully declined. So - this alternative item is not something that has been in my hoard for a long time - but, it was a fun little project and I tend to forget these things - so it will be fun to have it in my digital folder of fun little projects.

My son stopped over with a rough draft of a get well card that someone had done at work. He asked if I could make an actual card. They wanted it to look like an eye chart. I said I could do it on the computer. He said -- No -- they wanted it to look hand done. OK - so I printed out an eye chart for reference and made the card. A few days later - he related all of the comments from people who had seen the card at work - who were amazed that someone could do something like that by hand.

Here is the rough draft. I'm actually impressed with the person's understanding of fonts. He knew that eye charts have those big square serifs. This was about 2"x3"



And here is my 5"x7" card.
The person to whom the card was sent had some kind of eye surgery - and his name is Kabongo Kabongo. I didn't get his first name centered on the envelope - so wrote the second name, stacked - to even it out.
I am sooooo rusty.

Everyone liked the fine print at the top - Official USPS Vision Test.



And this is the inside









1 comment:

  1. Love the card, great idea and execution. And that Halloween envelope is stunning.

    ReplyDelete