Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Oct 2022 from Kristine - NameDrop update

 


Kristine was inspired to do her take on a clothesline -- I like it a lot - especially the way the stamp is dangling. Outlining stickers is also a good idea.

***

I hesitate to jabber about this - but, there are a few readers who enjoy the morning puzzles and games that some of us do. I really enjoy Name Drop - 6 clues/chances to guess who the mystery person is. I do not do very well at all. Half of them I don't know or get wrong. Of the ones I get - it is usually on the very last clue - or once in a while the second to the last clue. I kept wonder if I would e.v.e.r. know who the person was on the very first clue. Bingo. On Dec 2, I knew who it was on the first clue.

For those of you who do not play the game - I will post the answer tomorrow.

Here are the clues:

  • CLUE 6

    I’m named for my birthplace in southeastern Minnesota, and I returned there to film a 2020 Super Bowl ad for Squarespace, in which I wear a trapper hat and recline in a snowbank.

  • CLUE 5

    A 1994 movie opens with my character giving a commencement speech, in which she reflects on her generation’s refusal “to work an eighty-hour week just so we can afford to buy their BMWs.”

  • CLUE 4

    Other memorable lines I’ve delivered include “Dear diary, my teen-angst bullshit has a body count” and “My whole life is a darkroom. One big, dark room.”

  • CLUE 3

    Literary characters I’ve portrayed onscreen include May Welland, in “The Age of Innocence”; Abigail Williams, in “The Crucible”; and Jo March, in 1994’s “Little Women.”

  • CLUE 2

    After stepping back from acting for nearly a decade, I experienced a career renaissance in the twenty-tens, when I played an aging ballerina, in “Black Swan,” and Joyce Byers, in “Stranger Things.”

  • CLUE 1

    After landing my breakout role as a teen-ager, in the dark comedy “Beetlejuice,” I went on to star in such films as “Heathers,” “Reality Bites,” and “Girl, Interrupted.”

1 comment: