Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Sacramento (?) - Martin Margiela

 


Sacramento postmark -- I think I can figure this out. But, I will have to drag myself over to the stack of addresses. It's a good 6-feet away. It's also 3PM - very close to the vegetative hour(s). But, it is only Feb 7th, so there is a good chance I will come back to this.
Thanks to Sharon - who left a comment -- this is from Sharon.


*** Off-topic add-on

It is absurd for me to include fashion topics because my sense of style is 99% comfortable leftovers. I have a *wedding/funeral* outfit for each season - and other than that - my clothes are boring/neutral/durable. However, documentaries about clothing and designers still interest me.

I have two to recommend. Fast Fashion, which I saw on Kanopy, was very interesting. When I did a search for a link to it - there appear to be a ton of other documentaries on the horrors of where things have gone in the manufacturing of clothing. Rather than give you a link - if you are interested, just Google *fast fashion documentary.* 

The other one is: Martin Margiela - In His Own Words

I could go on and on and on about this designer. I can't figure out how I had never heard of him. He was groundbreaking on so many levels. Most of his designs are *art pieces* - not really wearable. But, he collaborated with Hermes for a few years and unexpectedly - he turned to exquisite minimalism that was equally groundbreaking at the time. And then, after 20 years, he walked away from fashion. He never gave interviews - shunned the spotlight - so maybe that's why I had not heard of him.

His mom archived all kinds of things he made as a child - so the documentary has an amazing array of examples. I also found an article that explains a bit about him if you don't want to find the documentary. I found it for free on Kanopy. 

Link to the documentary

Link to the article


2 comments:

  1. super fun envelope!!! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are mine! I'm pretty sure they were for the June 2021 exchange, my first. I didn't know what folks put in as an enclosure; a Zentangle tile was the answer. Thanks for posting! Sharon

    ReplyDelete