Saturday, March 19, 2022

Js to Irene and Nanski


I  liked the feel of the green marker. I did the blue one first, but thought it was a little clunky when it went around the curves. The space between Irene and Blumenthal bothers me. And it probably would have been better to do the b, h, and l like the k in nanski. 

I did this lettering with a brush marker -- and I need to warn everyone that brush markers are super flaky. You might find one that works - but it might get mushy really fast. Even finding a brand that you think you like will not guarantee that all of the markers will behave the same. Expect inconsistency - if you decide to start buying them.

The green marker was a Tombo and the blue marker was a ZIG Clean Color -- but, I am in no way recommending those markers. If you buy them -- they might work or they might not.

THE SECRET TO BRUSH MARKERS:
Try different styles. You never know which style will work with which marker. You just have to keep trying until you find something you like -- and then be prepared for getting 2 or 3 envelopes done before the tip goes mushy on you. Sometimes you can get 20-30. But it is highly unpredictable. Don't get mad at your markers. They have feelings and they are very sneaky. They will find out a way to get revenge if you think mean thoughts about them.

Here is the inspiration piece. There are about 6 things I can see that I should have done differently. I did not pull the inspiration piece up when I did the envelopes - I just remembered the concept. Grrrrr at myself. I'm also really annoyed that I cut off the name of the IG account -- hopefully this style will pop up again. If anyone recognizes whose work it is - please let me know. Thanks.


Who wants to know the 6 things I should have looked at?
1
shorter ascenders
2
shorter descenders 
3
no loops on ascenders or descenders
4
no up and then down on the t
5
tiny crossbar on the t
skinnier counters
7
taller counter on the e
8
very cool connection of the b into e on better
better s

I do think I will give this another try. Does anyone want an exemplar?


 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, please to exemplars. I like both yours & the misc. IG account.

    ReplyDelete