Monday, March 28, 2022

Donated birthday cards


An idea straight off Pinterest. I did a search for birthday cards and there were lots. My flowers are a lot different from the ones that inspired this design. I liked it enough to do the second one and I can't say that I like one better than the other.

I tried some more complicated flowers - and these are deeply regrettable. But, I imagine there is a granny who will be very happy to get this card.



Real time comment: I check the blog every morning - and I usually check the one for the following day to make sure it's halfway interesting. I assumed that I would have Hunter's birthday present posted today and instead I found a very skimpy post and no envelope - so - the present does not appear until April 7. 

Here is something fun - I Googled mail art. It's done by Elina Stromberg - using Viva Las Vegas rubber stamps and probably colored pencils. 





from there - you can click on the current date and see what they are up to - OK - I checked -- they have mostly cards - and a lot of them are in the direction of goth or camp or punk - I'm not sure what to call it - they have some Banksy stamps -- and I wonder how Banksy feels about that.....




 

1 comment:

  1. Banksy: https://www.dazeddigital.com/art-photography/article/52876/1/banksy-loses-trademark-battle-after-claiming-copyright-is-for-losers

    ReplyDelete