Sunday, March 13, 2022

J's Feb to Chuck - Letterboxing puzzle


I spent a ridiculous amount of time looking for a gnome-ish cupid - or a cupid-ish gnome. The ones I found were a little creepy. I'll add them to the end of the post. Realizing that my mail would arrive after V-day, I decided to put my gnome inside something larger - which I forgot to photograph with the stamp. So, imagine it with a stamp and address. I do love that style. Back in 2019, I tried to track down the originator and came up with five names. Lynn Slavinsky, Sylvia Kowal, Ruth Booth, Marci Dinkey, and DeAnn Singh.  

 


****

Some of us play a few online puzzles. On July 21, 2021 my blog post mentioned that I had found a new puzzle that I was really enjoying, Letter Boxed. You have to make words by jumping around on the letters provided. I could usually use up all the letters in 4 or 5 words - but was never able to figure out how to use all the letters in just two words. Until Feb 6th. It was so much fun to find the two words. I had to wait until the following day to see if my two words were the same ones they had in mind - and they were.

I rationalize my time spent on puzzles by thinking it might be helping restore my brain cells and synapses. Although, I need to think about doing the puzzles later in the day. There might be better things to do early in the day when the brain is all perky from sleeping.


***

Ideas and my rough sketches trying to figure something out. I meant to enclose the sketches in the envelope - but that didn't happen. On a few of the exchange envelopes, I sent my rough idea pages so that people would maybe give me credit for the time spent on layouts. The final designs sometimes look a bit *simple.*

This one (above) is actually pretty cute - the one below is super creepy.


I tried to make a cuter pants-free guy.
Somehow, the wings-hat-beard just ended up being too much - so - once again, I'm dumb-founded at how I spend my time.


Well, wha-da-ya-know - I did take a picture of Chuck's envelope with address and stamp.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment