Sunday, March 27, 2022

Hunter's b'day - from Ming


Hunter's name appeared on some of the exchange list in February, instead of my name and this adorable card and envelope arrived - from Ming. As usual, I was thinking I'd get my nibs and ink out - and it didn't happen.
Hunter enjoyed all his mail - and I thought I would toss in a few recycled cards from MrW and MeanJean.


What kind of person does not open their birthday cards? My son. He could tell these were from me, because I used cancelled stamps and left them on his dining room table. I like that kid a lot, but I do not understand him. Next year, I hope I remember to put some dollar bills inside and then write on the outside that there is money inside and see if he opens it. 

I do like the idea of the BIG address and ZIP code. That 1234 - is covering up his address -- I did it with the computer after I forgot to cover it up before I took the picture. It should have been more colorful. And those monster stamps are endless fun.

He was thrilled with the present that I came up with. After college, he and a buddy ran Des Moines first trendy food truck. Then they morphed it into an actual restaurant - and as we know - Hunter has bounced over to the USPS. But, he will always have a very soft spot in his heart for The Spot food truck.

Details to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment