Thursday, March 17, 2022

Origami knight - J's Feb to Janet




Blogger won't let me put the photo of the envelope at the top. Grrrr

41 hours of folding - 1 sheet of paper. 

 This caught my eye because I am a big fan of origami. If you have not watched Between the Folds, I highly recommend it. The video of this guy folding the knight has 41 hours sped up - to 20 minutes and it is NOT WATCHABLE - unless you are a hummingbird or had a big bowl of meth for breakfast. It's just a blur. So, I do not recommend the video. If you slide way over to the end you can see the finished piece. You can see it from different directions at normal speed and get an idea of the size.

The artist has some other videos. I did not look at any of them - but noted that he is into medieval knights and samurais. At first, I was pondering - What is it with people who are so patient and make such amazing things - and then their subject matter is guys who are intent on killing or maming other guys? What's with that?  And then I remembered all those hours watching sports. Why in the world do people want to form teams to fling things back and forth and score points. Why? I.Don't.Get.It. 

Oh, wait. I do get it. We don't all like the same things. They cannot fathom why I do the things I do. Whew. Glad I remembered that. 

Juha Konkkola's videos

Juha's medieval knight

Between the Folds - documentary

***

I did a rough of Janet's name on notebook paper and thought it would be very easy to transfer it to the envelope and even make improvements - but something went wrong and the rough looks better. But, this is the first idea for this stamp - so, it's not surprising that it needs some work. I love the stamp and was very happy with the colors I found to go with it. 

I'm pretty sure that if there were some dark twigs with leaves - from the stamp - added to the envelope - it would be better - but, I wasn't sure where to put them. Or maybe it just needed some of the dark without it being anything specific.

For the Feb exchange - several people received the rough drafts because I liked them better. I often spend more time on roughs than on the final. So the final looks quick and easy -- but it wasn't.



No comments:

Post a Comment