Tuesday, March 15, 2022

J's Feb to JeanR - Lego Totems



This idea should look familiar. It must have been January when I tried stacking the continuous *MikeGold* line lettering. Does he have a name for it. I wrote all the names that were on my exchange lists for Feb and  thought that would warm me up for the envelopes. As usual, I liked some of my roughs better than what I did on the envelopes.

As I get to the end of the shimmer envelopes, I'm finding things I enjoy about them. I'm glad we got to be friends.


***

 I have a thing about taking all the Legos that are just one color and building something. I'm not a 3D person at all although I did have some fun the last time I visited my grandkids. I hope I am not repeating myself - if I am - then I owe you a new post. 


I can't decide if I like them better as a group or if they look better individually. This is the order in which I constructed them. I think the black one is my favorite - although this was just the first run. Next time I visit, I might make a new set. No - I like the white one and the green one as much as the black one.

We have discussed Legos previously and there are readers who agree with me that Lego has ruined some of the play value by making so many specialized pieces - although, the specialized pieces really grew on me when I started making these.





I could have fun photographing them and creating interesting shadows.



Now I want to make an entire tableau.
The white one is my favorite when I look at them all together.






2 comments:

  1. Cool! To me the little red one looks Japanese and the white one looks Arabic. But the black one . . . that one looks like the shadow of Ben Franklin's printing press.

    ReplyDelete