Thursday, March 10, 2022

Chuck's Feb design - USPS Celebration

 


This was the Feb exchange envelope from Chuck. The striped paper is genius. And I wonder if the lettering is his own experiment or inspired by something else. I've known for years that Chuck starts his envelopes way ahead of time and when he gets his lists - all he has to do is fill in the name and address. I did not put myself on any March lists - but I'm hoping to get a bunch ready for April - where the main part is already done and all I have to do is fill in the names and addresses. 

8 am CST - edit
Chuck sent me this image of the lettering that inspired this envelope - that is a ruling writer (folded pen) in the image. Thanks, Chuck!!




*** current news

Sadly, with my slowpoke recovery, I have not had time to keep us updated on all the USPS politics. But, I am happy to share this good news - an excerpt from a USPS email to union members about the passage of the Postal Service Reform Act:

With the passage of this historic act, the USPS will finally be placed on a path towards financial stability with the repeal of the onerous and financially debilitating pre-funding mandate.


There will be other victories to celebrate as well. The guarantee of six-day delivery, Medicare integration, adding much-needed transparency to postal operations – all of these reforms will ultimately save the post office billions of dollars each year, and make our jobs as postal workers more secure as a result.

 

This is a truly historic moment.




No comments:

Post a Comment