Friday, March 4, 2022

Maybe Debbie? & Chuck - tipped building

Day two of the mystery mail.
Debbie's mail comes with that postmark - but there might have been someone else.
Below - I know that one is from Chuck. These two go together nicely and they go well with the picture of the building.









Link to article This caught my eye and not in a good way. It's very clever - but it also *feels* goofy. Maybe it is wonderful from the inside. The article includes this comment:
"...the slanted design creates an appealing skyline in harmony with the surroundings, while glass lets in plenty of natural lighting and aluminum framings control internal heat gain..."

"Creates appealing harmony?" It seems like the antithesis of harmony to me. There are a number of *green* claims. If they invited me to create a sculpture to be somewhere outside the building, I would create a large Oldenberg-esque sculpture of a a squirt bottle of Windex. It looks like a nightmare to clean. 

It made me think of the Osborn building, built in 1968 in St. Paul, when I was in the 11th grade in St. Paul. As I recall, the headquarters for Spic and Span were in the building and it had a giant squeegee device on the top of the building that made it very easy to clean the exterior. I need to do more research on whether or not my memory is accurate. It just looks like a generic mid-century building.




No comments:

Post a Comment