Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Debbie's Dec mailing


This is a steal worthy design from Debbie. I covered up the return address in the corner - but, I think it added to the overall design and I might do that some time. I like the way her rubber stamp cancel complements the USPS cancel. But how does one control which cancel one gets. I need to figure this out.

Then there are the three pale blue lines for the address. I'm always big fan of guide lines becoming an element in the design. The name works well, because it is a total of 10 letters and one space. So, a name like Elizabeth would work fine, but you would have to leave her last name off - or it might work with the address. If the city/state was short enough, you could put the zip on the same line. Actually, my -il- in Wilson only counts as one letter. I'm guessing this design would work with names that had 10-12 letters - maybe 13 - but that would be pushing it. And any *tails* on y-g-p- could mess things up.

If we are stealing this idea for our valentines, just flip that tree - and make a heart. Done. You're welcome.

***
Yooo-hooo - Jeanster -- you are posting this on March 2nd. Valentines are long gone. What's the matter with you?

I've had this idea to post a style of lettering on the first day of the month - so exchangers have the option of doing the same thing that I will be doing on the monthly exchange. Have I ever tossed out one idea for everyone to try? I still have that Jan-Badger font to finish. Maybe for April or May.


 

1 comment:

  1. e: uptick in Spam (the meat product)consumption
    Nearly every day of my childhood in North Carolina, we had Spam and eggs for breakfast! It has been decades since I've heard Spam mentioned, and just this week a neighbor (from New York)sent me a recipe for Kimchi Fried Rice with Spam that he received from a European friend. So indeed, it may be having a day. Stay tuned! :0)

    ReplyDelete