Saturday, March 12, 2022

J's to Cathy (Feb) - Pot holder chair


Originally, I intended to put the LOVE stamp with the navy background on this one. Then I forgot and put the pink flowered one on. Then I was able to peel it off and use the navy one. This is based on Janet's Dec envelope. I'll repost it at the end, in case you do not remember it. This is a style I really like and highly recommend it if you have a name with 4 or 5 letters - maybe 6 at most. I think it would be hard to do a long name. Although, Janet seems to do very well with the longer names. I wonder if she saves images of all the mail she sends out? 

I'm really annoyed with myself that I forgot the flourish. Grrr

***


My son has two of our old Breur chairs that are in terrible shape although I doubt he will like this idea. He also has dozens of ancient t-shirts. The squares are made out of t-shirt loops - like those pot holders we used to make 60 years ago. 

Here is a link to the article about the chair. It includes a video showing the giant pot holder loom. They sell the looms for $200. I'm pretty sure I could make one for a lot less than that. I think I posted something similar one time with a huge loom for making a room sized rug out of strips of t-shirt fabric.


I hope this whole recycling trend is not just a trend that fades away. Recycling and repurposing has endless opportunity for innovation.

More restrained color palettes appeal to me. Hunter has a ton of black shirts. Maybe I should just make him a black rug.



Here is the inspiration envelope in case you do not recall it. Her letters are bolder which I think is way better.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment