Tuesday, March 22, 2022

From Kate in Feb - Casual-plate (Pete Beard channel)




Every single time I get a kraft paper envelope with pointed pen and ink writing - I long to get out my nibs and either kraft envelopes or colored envelopes - but I never do. 

I love the style of writing - and while it has a copperplate flavor to it - I don't think we should call it copperplate. How about casual-plate. I wonder if that name is taken by anyone. I'm resisting the temptation to go look - because I need get a bunch of posts scheduled. It is currently Feb 23 - and I need to get things filled up through the middle of April.

Kathleen left a very cute comment about one of my links to something off topic - about being lured into more screen time than she preferred. I, too, need to monitor my screen time. But what do I do when I have found something that is so wonderful I feel guilty if I don't mention it?

I guess I should just warn you that this is one of the deepest rabbit holes I've ever found. I didn't find it. The BigHelpfulBrother found it. Thank you BHB. And HB, too.

Here it is. A channel with a ton of videos about illustrators from the golden age of illustrating.
So far I have only watched Maxfield Parrish and Alphonse Mucha -- but I'm going to watch one or two every day - until I get through all of them.

Maybe Kathleen has no interest in the golden age of illustration. Now I have to decide if I am going to mention a couple other channels I found all on my own. Decisions, decisions.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment