Monday, March 14, 2022

J's Feb to Maggie - Penmanship link


This is the first envelope I've done with the new birthday stamp. The colors seem fine at first - but they are actually a bit difficult. They are somewhat muted. I'm not a super picky person when it comes to colors -- but picky enough that I can't use just any old green. This one needed to be in the olive direction. It is also hard when the red and orange are so close. Although reds and oranges are more forgiving when you are looking for markers that coordinate with the stamp.

For a first attempt  - it's not too bad. The streamers could be better. And the fluff on the tip of the hat got carried away. 

***

On Feb 7th, Cappuccinomarie left a link in the comment to Bored Panda. There are 40 examples of penmanship. I'm wondering who Cappuccinomarie is? I met one *marie* here in DSM - and wonder if it is her. 

Link to Bored Panda Penmanship

There might be some that will inspire you to work on your everyday penmanship. Some of these are IMHO calligraphy - and not penmanship. But - that's more nit-picky than we need to be. I can't choose a favorite - but, I do want to note that when tiny little printing hovers over the line instead of sitting on the line, it is very cool.

I also like the tiny bit of extra spacing between the letters on the top sample.



There is another BoredPanda article with 50 examples - so, maybe they added 10?
No time to research.

Thank you Cappucchinomarie.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jean,
    I'm sorry my user name was a mystery. This is Paula from Sam's post office in NH. "cappuccinomarie" is the name I use for my jewelry-making hobby. I'm a big coffee lover. :-)

    ReplyDelete