Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Js Feb to Kate, Lauren, Lynne - Rest of the story


This one was posted previously without a stamp. 


Then I tried a couple more without stacking. I pretty much ditched the whole concept of keeping your pen on the paper. So they are starting to just look like versals. But, I wanted to do a little more with the black border thing. I love the Day of the Dead stamps - and now I am tempted to do more. 

Ohhhh nooooooo. This one doesn't have anything going for it. What was I thinking. I owe Lynne something better....


 

***

Off-topic - I am storing some family stories here on the blog - so that I can find them when I get around to the family blog. And if that doesn't happen, I can just let the kids know that they need to sift through the blog and find the family stories.

Here is the rest of the story on my lack of attendance at my kids sporting events. One time I did show up for a game and Hunter's team lost, so he thought I was a jinx and asked me to not show up. This was roller hockey which is not nearly as intense as ice hockey. By intense - I am talking about parents. 

After being banned from the roller rink, I did show up at some of the ice hockey games - especially if the older kid was playing out of town and Hunter needed a ride to the ice arena. One time I was watching a game during a local tournament - seated near other parents. Hunter's team was down by 2 or 3 points. I stood up and said -- "Well, maybe if I leave, there will be a miracle - and they will win -- and I will miss it." And started to walk out. 

The other parents were aghast that a parent would just walk out of a game - but I did. You guessed it. There was a miracle and they did win - and they got into the championship. So, when I arrived -- to watch the championship game - all the parents were swarming around -- asking me if I was going to stay if the other team pulled ahead. I don't remember what I said - and I don't remember what happened. I think I stayed and I think they lost. Maybe Hunter remembers. 

The whole point of this topic when it started was me pondering non-generic items to put in my obituary. How's this: In addition to fine penmanship, Jean was very creative in her avoidance of sporting events. 

No comments:

Post a Comment