Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Irene's birthday mail for Hunter.


This one, from Irene, is really lovely. I've done a few envelopes with similar writing, but mine is always loose and sketchy. I call it ribbon-writing. I really like how carefully Irene's is drawn and filled in. And that cake looks good enough to eat. So pretty.

And then on the inside -- lovely brush lettering. I wonder how many styles Irene does? That would actually be a fun project. For the next exchange, I could get the list of names and then start doing each name - assembly line style - in every style of lettering that I know. I actually love this idea. Will I remember it when I get back to Iowa?

Where am I? It's tax time - so I generally spend the first two weeks of April in Chicago because my daughter is a CPA. So, as I fill up the blog (it's Feb 25th) I can talk about where I think I will be - and fingers crossed, nothing happens to interfere with the plan. 

And now it is March 28 - and looks like I leave Thur for Chicago. It's crazy how fast the time is going. A quarter of 2022 is gone already.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment