Friday, July 30, 2021

Surprise. Janet's flowers to Debbie


 I thought I had used up all of those stamps and then -surprise- I found one more. I'm fine with this variation of Janet's flowers - although I just noticed that I missed one of the purple petals. Dang. Plus, I am short one envelope to fill up July. By the time this pops up, I will be through with my grandma duties for the summer - so, who knows, I might be at death's door with the latest germ or I might be rejuvenated and have scintillating replacement blurbs. I tend to catch the local Chicago germs and bring them home and spend a week in bed. 

***
Well, the good news is - I did not catch any bad bugs from the grandkids. It was a marvelous three weeks. The weather was great. At 5 and 7 - they are getting to be more fun and less work. I'm already brainstorming for Camp Nanna 2022. I suspect they are brainstorming new ways to bamboozle Nanna. After they spent their week in Iowa, I spent two weeks in Chicago. During that time, their parents were invited to visit college friends in Nantucket for a long weekend. During Nanna's reign, the grandkids told me that they had been wanting to melt marshmallows with chocolate chips and then put sprinkles on top. The older one (a 7 year old girl) was very convincing when she said they had asked their mom about trying out the *recipe*, but that she had said it sounded like something that Nanna would want to do. Bamboozled. But, it was worth it to see the look on my daughter's face when I told her what they had bamboozled me into. If she doesn't want them to eat things like that, the ingredients should not be in the house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment