Monday, July 19, 2021

KateR (Martha Leaver?)


 This lettering reminds me of Martha Leaver's. I am not going to do any research on the spelling of her name or what she might have going on currently. When I first got into fun lettering, I saw her stuff online. That was a long time ago. It was before Pinterest. And waaaaaay before the plethora of online classes. I think, at the time, people had websites and blogs -- and that was it. I (obviously) had a blog - but I never had a website. I pondered -- but knew that I did not have time. 

I found a really long list of lettering arts websites that I had made a really long time ago. I started going through the list to see who was still up and running. I am not keeping track of percentages - some are still around - others have disappeared. Hopefully, I will figure out a way to collect the good stuff off my blog and put it into an archive that is easy to search. That seems like a project for this winter.

Back to the envelope -- I like the layout. I like the flush left address and how it is indented to fall right under the red stroke on the J. I love the little hearts, especially the one down by the zip code where Kate realized that the layout needed one more little *sum'thin'* to keep the eye moving around. Very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment