Friday, July 23, 2021

Stealing from Janet, step 2 (Where's Dave?)


There was no warning yesterday that there is another series. It will show a progression of ideas when Janet's shamrock envelope was chosen to inspire some envelopes. As mentioned before, if you have 25-30 envelopes to get done in a couple days, it helps to get an idea and riff on it. So, I photographed yesterday's envelope with the second one I did. I will continue to do this so we see if there is progress or not.

It is not uncommon for me -when stealing an idea - to send my version to the person who inspired the theft. I had to figure out how to overlap. I played around with a variety of sizes. To me, the second one to Lauren looks better. I also liked using the lettering off the stamp. That looks a whole lot better. I apologize to Janet for sending her the worst of the lot. 

***
Yesterday, the story about the UPS driver said his name was Dave - which reminded me that our all-time favorite USPS letter carrier was Dave. I have several posts about him. And once, when my son, Hunter, was delivering, he even ran into Dave and they had a lovely chat. I also wonder if Dave has ever looked up the blog? He retired in 2013 and the exchanges did not start until Nov of 2013 - although the blog started in 2010. He might have zero interest in mail art. Although, he did seem to enjoy all the fun mail that he delivered and picked up from the 420. Maybe I should track him down and send him some mail.

***
On Wednesday I found 7 copies of the holiday poem that I wrote about Dave. So, 7 lucky exchangers will get their own version of the little book I made. I might do my holiday mailings in August. As promised, I will not add a single item to the tsunami of mail that the USPS has to face in December.


No comments:

Post a Comment