Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Hearts from Leslie (cardboard beds)


Oh, dear. This one had a little trouble sailing across town from Leslie's house to my house. Grrrr to the extra scribbling - and in red -- grrrr. 

There was a note enclosed telling me that the design was covering up an ooops that had put the envelope into a discard-but-not-all-the-way-to-the-waste-basket pile. And I believe she said that I had sent her something that was a clever covered-up-oops. I do enjoy the challenge of a creative way to use an envelope that has an oops - especially if the oops is right at the very start. 

***
A real time P.S. about cardboard beds at the Olympics. As previously mentioned, I have had a long history of loving cardboard and lamenting how little time I get to actually build things out of cardboard. Recently, I sent the queen sized bed (in the guest room) to  my son't new house and needed to decide what to use for the grandkids. I ended up with two single size inflatables which they loved. I figured they were compact(able) and kept the room pretty flexible for future uses.

But I love these cardboard beds and would have loved to have gone that route. 


I guess stories about these beds have gone viral in the past hour -- so I apologize for adding to the frenzy. I try to find things that are more obscure. 


This is my inspiration for the grandkids visit for next year.
This year, I made a canopy with twinkle lights for Alexandra, and for Ben, I had planets and stars that were both glow in the dark as well as *black light.* I learned so much about the two different kinds of light and might expand on that - now that I own a black light. 


The image is from handmade charlotte -- she has a ton of fun ideas for kids.

1 comment:

  1. Oh nooooo. I wonder if someone else received it by mistake or if it's the po's writing? If you want to see the un-messed up version, here is the link to it on my Snail Mail blog: https://snailmailingmadness.blogspot.com/2021/02/non-traditional-hearts-to-jean.html

    So sorry that happened Jean! (Looks like the person who wrote all over it doesn't appreciate fun mail art!) :(

    ReplyDelete