Wednesday, July 14, 2021

e&c - brunch invitation - mailing No 9

That's our uber-versatile Anything Goes lettering style.
Please note, on this version, I did not do much tipping back and forth of the letters. There is more variation in the size of the letters along with some up and down bouncing. I love that style. Or maybe I love it because I can do it without thinking.

Once again, I had a stash of these envelopes and the cartoon stamps, so I looked for a cartoon idea for the morning after brunch. I found a cartoon showing a business man at the continental breakfast at the hotel and all the continents were represented by donuts. I loved the idea. Our brunch was hosted by grandparents who were perfectly happy to let me do whatever I wanted to do.

Because there had been a few signs with Wilson-Powers Wedding, directing people to the reception, etc, I thought of putting a little Post-It note over the Wilson - changing it to Powers. Quite a few people asked me where I had found tiny Post-It notes. I made them.



I took the (above) picture of the front of the invitation.
The rest of the photos were done by the wedding photographer.



This is what was under the Post-It:


And, I am chuckling at the moment, recalling that a couple people actually came up to me at the brunch, which was your typical Sunday brunch (not a continental breakfast) and said, "I thought we were going to have donuts." Those were probably the people who wrote on the RSVP that they wanted tongue and rump roast at the reception.











 

No comments:

Post a Comment