Saturday, July 31, 2021

Salon invitation & first anniversary mailing (Colin's 40th B'day)


This should be the end of the wedding related mailings. I had one more idea that the bride politely declined and I agree, it was not stylish enough. I realized I had not sent anything in a vellum envelope and I came up with a paper doll invitation for the girls who were going to go to a salon together on the morning of the wedding. I had a sheet of the doll stamps that I thought would be cute. I'm glad my daughter's editing gene was working. I'd clearly gone overboard.





Eight months after the wedding E&C moved to Australia. I thought it would be fun for all the wedding guests to send them a happy anniversary postcard. I do not recall why I chose this heavy cardboard for postcards, but I did. Maybe I had a big stack of it. In addition to these, I had some other fun postcards that I used. So, there was a hodge podge of mail. Some people even got note cards inside an envelope instead of a postcard. The cardboard postcards were embellished with a few rubber stamps.

E&C were happy to get a stack of mail. I must have enclosed some kind of explanatory note when I sent the postcards to the guests - but, I did not keep a copy of it. And I can't remember if I did anything fun on the envelopes -- I must have put some thought into it -- or maybe I just used up leftovers and did an easy splashy pointed brush. I do recall that I did not consider this mailing to be quite as spectacular as the rest of the mailings -- but, a stack of personal notes was probably more fun than putting a ton of time into fine design.

***
Last week, the groom turned 40 and my daughter had mailed 40 self-addressed stamped photo postcards to friends and family - which they mailed to him on his birthday. I was so proud of her for coordinating the mailing entirely on her own. Here is mine - not very inspired. I just pulled out a page of vintage stickers. One would think that I would go all out for his birthday - but I already know that the *gift* he values most is when I schedule time to stay with his kids or bring them to Iowa so that he and my darling daughter can get some much needed downtime. They are both a bit high strung and the cross pollination did not produce easy going offspring.















 

No comments:

Post a Comment